In accordance with Order no. 984/829/2020 issued by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Transport and with the COVID-19 Aviation Safety Protocol, issued by EASA, Blue Air introduces additional protection and prevention measures for its passengers.
From the planning of your trip to boarding:
1. We recommend you to check-in online and to use online payment for the purchase of services, such as extra luggage and priority boarding.
2. Make sure you read and comply with all health safety instructions published by Blue Air.
3. If you experience symptoms of respiratory illness on the day of travel, request a rescheduling of the flight, based on a medical opinion.
4. Make sure you have the necessary number of protective masks and enough sanitising substance for your journey.
5. Make sure you arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure time.
6. Companions are not allowed to enter the airport, except in cases of special assistance, mentioned in the reservation (e.g. wheelchair, unaccompanied minor, etc.).
7. Keep a distance of at least 1.5 m from other passengers.
8. Wear the protective mask, correctly applied over the nose, mouth and chin.
9. Replace the mask every 4 hours, or whenever wet or soiled.
Throughout the flight and during landing:
1. Wearing the protective mask over the mouth, nose and chin is mandatory throughout the flight. You may remove the mask for eating and drinking only.
2. Replace the mask every 4 hours, or whenever wet or soiled. When replacing the mask, dispose the used one into a closed bin or place it in the airsickness bag and hand it over to the cabin crew.
3. Avoid movement during flight in the passenger cabin. You are not allowed to form queues at the lavatories.
4. Regularly clean your hands using an alcohol-based hand product or wash your hands with soap and water, especially before eating or drinking and after using the lavatory.
5. Avoid close contact with anyone with respiratory infections signs or symptoms.
6. If you have fever, cough or difficulty breathing inform the cabin crew.
7. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
8. Limit as much as possible direct contact (touch) with aircraft surfaces. Avoid using the air supply nozzles on board.
9. When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow. If you use a tissue, dispose it immediately into a closed bin or place it in the airsickness bag and hand it over to the cabin crew.
10. The service on board consists only of pre-packaged products. When making payments on board, whenever possible, use your credit card.
11. Do not form queues when disembarking. Remain seated until the aisle is cleared in your area.
12. The aircraft is sterilized daily, by nebulization and is equipped with HEPA filters that capture more than 99.97% of the microbes from the filtered air.
From landing to leaving the airport:
1. Wear the protective mask, correctly applied over the nose, mouth and chin.
2. Keep a distance of at least 1.5 m from other passengers, including in the luggage belt area.
Blue Air has implemented very rigorous safety protocols on board its aircraft. Blue Air was the first and the only airline in Romania to perform daily nebulization on all its aircraft, using substances that sterilize the entire space in which they are distributed. This modern process of sterilization and disinfection will be maintained indefinitely.
Furthermore, all Blue Air aircraft are equipped with HEPA air filters, which capture over 99.97% of the airborne microbes in the filtered air, and we are providing passengers with disinfectant gel and alcohol wipes.
Thank you for choosing to fly with Blue Air and for following our health safety measures.
We wish you a pleasant flight and clear skies!
Blue Air Team